Saturday, March 25, 2017

Purpose




yet indeed, I also count all things loss for the excellence of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord, for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and count them as rubbish, that I may gain Christ” -Philippians 3:8

So many people today spend their whole lives trying to discover their purpose- they try to find it in the things of the world but are always left empty. Something that the Lord spoke to me within my first week of being here in Ignite was the simple truth that my life purpose is just to know Him. It’s this idea that in this next year in Ignite even if I were to have a year FULL of trials and struggle, that just getting to know Him just a little bit more, would make everything worth it. Every time I miss my family or get bad news from home or get sick with the mebes (parasites for those who don’t know)- that it would all be worth it. My life pursuit has to be to know Jesus. Period. End of story. ALL else is to be counted as loss when compared to knowing Christ- nothing compares to the knowledge of Christ. I could gain the whole world but if I lose my soul and never know the heart of the one who created me then what is it all worth? What did my life mean? After all of my days even if I only see just a glimpse of His heart- isn’t that better than anything the world has to offer me? I’ve been given one life. I don’t know how long I will get to live it but I do know that I want to live it with Jesus as my one thing. Lose the world but gaining Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment