Tuesday, May 2, 2017

Jesus is home.

“He who dwells in the secret place of the Most High shall abide in the shadow of the Almighty” -Psalm 90:1
The definition of “dwell” is to live or stay as a permanent resident- to reside. Immediately my mind paints picture of a house with a little white picket fence, however I think that what it means to really dwell in the Lord is so much more than a literal place. It’s not simply your calling, profession, or even your literal house- but it is recognizing that Jesus is your secret place and desires for you to abide in who He is and all that He has for you. 
In my life, I have a tendency to pretend I have it all together and I have a hard time getting raw and real with myself and thus with my God. I try to slap a smile on the situation and carry all my burdens on my own as if the cross surely cannot bear all the weight. Jesus died so that I don't have to carry the weight and so that He may be my refuge. He wants me to abide in His shadow and let Him be my secret place. That secret place of rest and refuge is in His presence, at His feet and all we need do is unclasp our white knuckle hands that claim we can handle it and carry it all on our own. Lay it all down at the feet of Jesus. Live and seek to stay permanently in His shadow- close to Him. Dwell and live in who He is. I want to be able to dwell in the house of the Lord for all of my days and know that no matter where I go, Jesus will always be home. 
“I want to sit at Your feet, drink from the cup in Your hand, lay back against You and breathe, feel Your heart beating.” // The More I Seek You- Kari Jobe

No comments:

Post a Comment