Saturday, January 28, 2017

By His Grace, I Run the Race



“For our boating is this: the testimony of our conscience that we conducted ourselves in the world in simplicity and godly sincerity, not with fleshly wisdom but by the grace of God, and more abundantly toward you.” - 2 Corinthians 1:12



        Man. It’s verses like these that bring me back to reality and pop my bubble of pride- praise the Lord for verses like this! I think so many times I can get it in my head that where I am in life came from me getting myself here. Because I chose to follow the Lord that I got myself here- as if I am entitled to every blessing I have because I “pulled myself up by the bootstraps” and made my little life what it is. WRONG. I didn’t get myself here, the grace of the Lord did. In that should be my boasting. My life and the blessing in it aren’t of me, they are of Him.

        When all is said and done, I want to be able to boast in that I finished the race He called me to run. But not that I did so in my own strength, but in His. I ran the race because my merciful God gave me legs to do it. And I finished the race not because of my “incredible endurance” but because He carried me through and picked me back up time and time again. He is the one who gets me across to the finish line- not me. My heart longs to hear the precious words “well done my good and faithful servant.” It’s a very simple concept yet so often I complicate it. All He ever asked of me was to follow Him- to walk and take up my cross daily. He will do the rest. It’s so real and raw. It’s Jesus. And it’s in that simplicity that He gives me a more abundant life and in that I shall boast. May we press on and continue on this race knowing every step of the way that it is only by His grace we are able to do so.



Application: Today and everyday may I be fully aware that Jesus is the only thing to boast in. To practically do this today, whenever someone gives me a word of affirmation or tells me something that could easily go to my head, I will reply to them by praising the Lord and not myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment