Saturday, January 28, 2017

Not A Moment Wasted





“See then that you walk circumspectly, not as fools but as wise, redeeming the time because days are evil. Therefore, do not be unwise, but understand what the will of the Lord is.” – Ephesians 5:15-17



       We are told time and time again in the Bible that as Christians, we are going to face persecution, temptation, and trials, yet when these things come we always act shocked and find ourselves unprepared. It’s like somehow, despite the fact we have been fairly warned, we never expected these things to happen. That word “circumspectly” is being expectant of a circumstance or situation. It’s to be watchful and in turn be alert and ready for whatever would come your way. If someone told you they were planning on breaking into your house, you wouldn’t take that lightly. You would prepare. The Lord tells us that the devil comes like a thief in the night seeking to steal, kill, and destroy. The enemy is prepared to attack you and this world is prepared to beat you down, but am I prepared to combat it? I have been warned so now it’s on me to be wise and ready.

         For me, time is something the devil can so easily use against me if I am not being watchful. It’s not that what I am spending my time on is necessarily “sinful” but that it is still pulling me away from spending time and getting to know my Savior on a deeper level. It’s simply wasted time and at the end of it I’m not where I need to be- at the feet of Jesus.

      I have to walk circumspectly on a daily basis, expecting trial and temptation. The days are evil and they are numbered. The Lord did His part- He warned me. Now I must do my part in being aware of this and making a conscious decision to redeem the wicked days and wasted time for His glory. What the devil tries to use for evil, the Lord can always turn around and use for His glory. The days may be evil in nature but if we seek to understand the Lord’s will and walk in that, then not a moment of it will be wasted time.



Application: Tomorrow morning I am going to get ready in half the time I usually do that way I can spend more time in the word and in prayer seeking the Lord’s face and will for me. #timeredeemed

No comments:

Post a Comment