Saturday, February 4, 2017

A United Pursuit of Jesus


"I, John, both your brother and companion in the tribulation and kingdom and patience of Jesus Christ, was on the island that is called Patmos for the word of God and for the testimony of Jesus Christ” – Revelation 1:9

 I am so thankful that God created humans. We are so sinful, so difficult, and so unworthy of the breath in our lungs, however the Lord still made us and made many of us saying that it’s not good for man to be alone- praise the Lord! For me, I am an extrovert to the MAX. People, no matter how difficult or sinful, are so important to me. Having a faith that is so interconnected with other believers is the most beautiful thing to me. He created us to be in communion with one another. As believers, we have a built-in family to walk through and do life with. Ephesians 4:3-6 tells us that there is one body, one faith, and one God who is above all and in us all. If that doesn’t stir up a need for unity I don’t know what does. We are so much stronger together.

Here in Revelation, John is referring to himself as our brother and companion in the tribulation and to me that sounds like such a comforting thing. We are promised that life will be so full of trials but yet we were never told we had to face it all alone. First and foremost, we have the Lord to lean on in trying times and second of all we have our spiritual family.  

Sadly, the devil knows this and he loves to divide. He knows that we are stronger as one. We have to fight for the unity because he does and will continue to try and separate us. In Christ, we are one seamless and adopted family by the Lord and when we walk out these trials hand in hand, looking to Jesus, nothing can stand against us. May we all march side by side in brotherhood in the name of Jesus pressing onward for His Kingdom.

Application: Tonight, I am going to leave little notes on all my roommates beds telling them how thankful for them in this season of my life. We are all in this together and we must stay united.

No comments:

Post a Comment