Saturday, February 18, 2017

Freedom in Bondage


“Do you not know that to whom you present yourselves slaves to obey, you are that one’s slave to obey, you are that one’s slave whom you obey, whether of sin leading to death, or of obedience leading to righteousness.” -Romans 6:16



We, as humans, all enter this world in bondage. We have this great desire to be free because we recognize that we are bound to something- Bound to sin, bound to self, bound to this life. And we have built into us the desire to be free from that and free to glorify the Creator (our one true purpose). We see that we need freedom however most people never find it. We look in all of the wrong places and sometimes don’t even recognize that they are searching. The world thinks they are free to sin and do all of these things, however as followers of Christ we see that we are free to NOT do those things. It’s only being bound to Christ that we find freedom from the world. It sounds so backwards and yet we see this is how it always works. You lay your life down in order to gain it. I want to be a bondservant of Jesus Christ and He is the only master I would ever want controlling my life. I feel like lately the question of “do you trust me?” I felt the Lord asking me has turned into Him asking me “are you ready?” I feel like the Lord is prompting me for this incredible journey and all I need do is grab onto His hand and let Him lead me. I must bind myself to Christ- to grab onto Him and never let go. That I may let go of all other things in this life that enslave me and simply grab onto Jesus with all that I have. Freedom is only found when we are bound to Jesus.




No comments:

Post a Comment