Saturday, February 11, 2017

Do You Trust Me?


“Not that I speak in regard to need, for I have learned in whatever state I’m in, to be content.” – Philippians 4:11

Discontentment is simply put a lack of faith. A lack that the Lord will come through and do what He says He will do. Immediately this make me think of Sarah and Abraham. The Lord promised them this inheritance saying that they would have descendants greater than the stars in the sky and that through them all nations would be blessed. But they grew tired and they lost hope in the promise of God, so they took things into their own hands and had Ishmael. I think so many times I do the same. I’ll walk through something and at the start of it I’ll keep in mind the nature of the Lord and that ultimately, He is working all things together for good. However, as time goes on I so quickly forget.  And suddenly without ever realizing I create in my head this optimistic faith in faith or faith in myself rather than faith in the Lord.

This whole last year I constantly felt the Lord asking me- “do you trust me?” “how far are you willing to go?” and it was those exact questions that brought me to Antigua, Guatemala. And now that I am here they are still on my heart. Since I’ve been here it’s been this constant theme of being able to have joy in all seasons and keep sight of the Lord no matter the time of life I am in. Am I willing to chase after Jesus even when I don’t feel Him? How much am I willing to trust? How far am I willing to lean back knowing He will catch me? Yes, I left my home and trusted the Lord with all of these things to get me here but yet He still wants more. I have to trust with all that I am. He calls me to trust Him but it doesn’t have to be this scary thing. It’s not blindly walking in the dark, its holding tight to His hand and letting Him lead me into the light. And I must not lose faith that He will do the things He says He will.
Lord, let me be willing to follow where you lead. May I trust your vision and not my own. Amen.

Application: I’ve been keeping a journal of the promises of the Lord found in scripture since I’ve been here. Today I will go through and reread the verses written down to help remind myself once again of His faithfulness.

No comments:

Post a Comment