Saturday, February 4, 2017

A Worm, Not A Slug


“that you do not become sluggish, but imitate those who through faith and patience inherit the promises.” -Hebrews 6:12

Oh man. Complacency. This has been one of my biggest struggles throughout my life, however its one that is never in your face about it. It’s being okay with little things and being okay with not growing. It’s one of those things that just creeps up on you until one day you look around and have no clue how you got where you are. For me, I had turned Christianity into a habitual thing rather than the fresh and active pursuit that it should be. I’ve believed in Jesus for as long as I can remember and due to the natural human tendency to create routine, that’s what I did. You go to church, sing the songs, do your devotions- but was it real? This is what we do because this is what we have always done. I wasn’t counting His mercies as new every morning- it was just the same old same old, been there done that. I grew sluggish without ever realizing it and found myself rooted in a complacent routine of living.

 The Lord didn’t call me to a stagnant faith and my God is so much bigger than a simple routine. He calls me to always go deeper still. My God went to the grave for me, but yet he didn’t stay there. He rose again and He is LIVING. If He is active and moving in my life, why would my life, lived for Him not be the same? I don’t ever want to be okay with having a habit based faith rather than a heart based one. I don’t ever want to grow tired of doing what is good. A part of staying uncomplacent is staying encouraged and in my life, I’ve been super blessed to have so many incredible examples of what it looks like to be someone who is seeking the heart of the Lord with their whole heart. I need to look to those who kept the faith and were never okay with the “good life” but desired only the great one that the Lord had for them. That’s what I want my life to look like- that every day I would be filled with the spirit and live accordingly, never being okay with a stagnant heart.

1 comment:

  1. Im very very proud of you that you are growing so much in our Jesus. Abigal continue seeking His face and will for your life. God bless you. I love you Abby and thank you for posting what the Lord is doing on your life.

    ReplyDelete