Saturday, February 18, 2017

Daughter of the King


“Children obey your parents in the Lord, for this is right” -Ephesians 6:1

“Children obey your parents in all things, for this is well pleasing to the Lord.” -Colossians 3:20


It’s always the big joke back at home that I am literally a child. So many of my friends all say they feel way older than their age but I am always saying I feel like a little kid still! When the Lord called me to leave home and do ignite, it was this huge leap for me and the first and biggest fear I had was telling my parents. I had been praying about it for a while so it wasn’t this huge shocker to them but after the Lord confirmed it to me, it all became much more real. The reality set in that I had to go home and tell my family. My parents and I have the best relationship- I can honestly say they are my best friends. Thus, telling them I was going to leave for 10 months was in no way easy.

Coming to ignite wasn’t a disobedience to my parents- in the end they knew this is what the Lord had for me and they want me to follow where He leads me, however it was and is a very difficult thing for us as a family. In leaving, I felt this huge weight of guilt. How could I just up and leave them for a year? Since my time in being here, the Lord is slowly taking that burden of guilt I put on myself, away from me. It’s the Lords will for me to be here and although it’s so hard on my family- we all know this is how it’s supposed to be and it’s in this season that the Lord will grow us. My parents don’t need me at home- they only need Jesus and I must obey my heavenly Father first and foremost and in that I will be obeying my earthly father.

At the end of the day, I still am a kid. Legally I may be an adult but honestly, I feel 5 years old. This year in Ignite I’m going to do a lot of growing and a lot of growing up. However, no matter how old I get, I will be called to obey my earthly parents and I’ll always be a daughter of the King.

No comments:

Post a Comment