Saturday, February 11, 2017

Be Content In Christ


“As for me, I will see Your face in righteousness; I shall be satisfied when I awake in your likeness.” -Psalm 17:15

Contentment in itself isn’t a bad thing- it’s all about what you find that contentment in. It’s not simply that I must be content with Jesus but also that I cannot be content with the things that are of this world. I don’t ever want to be content in the things of this world. I don’t ever want to hold onto a portion in this life that I think is mine- because it’s not. I don’t want to try and build my own castles here on earth rather than working to build up His Kingdom. The second that I become comfortable and grasp my life and all that is in it with white knuckles, I’ve lost the point. I love my life but only because Jesus is in it. He gives and He takes away- all things of this life, even life itself, have to be held with an open hand. My life isn’t mine and if I ever think it is then I’ve lost sight of the goal. The goal is Jesus- plain and simple.
I think recently, the future has been on my heart a lot. Not even my time in Costa Rica but my mind keep wandering to after that. What will life look like? What will I be doing? These aren’t necessarily bad questions to ask myself however in a sense, whatever the answers to those questions are- it doesn’t matter. Those aren’t the right questions. The part of the answer that matters isn’t where I’ll be or what I’ll be doing, its WHO I’ll be doing it for. This life is nothing but dust and is nothing compared to eternity- What’s the good in gaining the whole world but in the process, lose my soul and lose sight of the One who created it. I don’t want to be finished until I look like Jesus- I’ll keep running until I see Jesus face to face. May we continue to hunger for more of Jesus and never be satisfied until we are in the fullness of His presence.


No comments:

Post a Comment