Wednesday, February 8, 2017

More of Jesus


“Now godliness with contentment is great gain. For we brought nothing into this world, and it is certain we can carry nothing out. And having food and clothing, with these we shall be content.” – 1 Timothy 6:6-8

Honestly, I don’t know when I’m ever satisfied. I always want more. Whether it’s more time in the day, more people to talk to, or more candy to last me these three months away from home (ridiculous I know)- I am never satisfied.

For me, I am not a person who is easily stressed or anxious- it’s simply not an issue for me with majority of things. However, one thing that does bring me worry is this idea of running out. Running out of time, or things, or even running out of like shampoo for crying out loud. And honestly, I feel like an idiot for typing this all out because that’s such a small and foolish thing to let my mind be troubled by. Psalm 23:1 lays it out perfectly- “The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not want.” He provides. That’s a fact. The Lord is my shepherd and He is a good one. So why do I continually waste my time trying to gain more of the things of this world when the only thing I truly need more of is Jesus? Or why would I stress over fear of running out when I know He will give me exactly what I need and with that I must be content. I need more of Him and less of myself, my thoughts, my desires, my pride, and my wants. And more of His will, His heart, His peace, and His desires for me. Jesus is the only thing I need in abundance. The Great I Am. He is so much larger than my petty wants and worries for more material things. I must learn to be content with exactly what He has given me, which always comes in the perfect timing and the perfect amount. I shall not want. Lord, strip it all away.

Application: as a small step to stopping hording all my candy away from my team in fear of running out, I’m going to bring chocolate to give my team when we have class later.

No comments:

Post a Comment